3d forums home Resources for 3d artists

hello everyone.

Posted: August 10, 2009
samir
my name is samir and i am a new maya user,
i would like to know if there is a scheme to follow to be a professional maya generalist? and are there shared projects to get experience working with other artists?i will post some photos of my work in the finished 3d art work section,
this is great forum. glad to be here.
Posted: August 11, 2009
3d artist gallery Andyba
Hi Samir!
Welcome to the 3d forum!

Why do you want to become a generalist? Imho You have a higher chance to find a decent job if you specialize...
Posted: August 11, 2009
samir
Andyba wrote:
Hi Samir!
Welcome to the 3d forum!

Why do you want to become a generalist? Imho You have a higher chance to find a decent job if you specialize...

Thank you andyba.
i just think that a company would not hire many people(3d modeler, texturing, rendering, 3d animation, compositing...).
Posted: August 12, 2009
3d artist gallery Andyba
Samir, it depends on the company.
With the present level of 3d graphics to achieve a skill level required by a company one needs to concentrate on a specific skill.

There are very few people that can create great 3 models, and animated them greatly and then set up professional lighting and render them.

A 3d generalist would be required in a small company that produces advertising clips for local markets that doesn't require too much skill.
For example creating and animating a logo in 3d.

But giant companies that are creating high end 3d for movies and games will most likely look for specialized 3d artists i.e 3d modelers, animators, character artists, level artists, technical directors and so on.
Posted: August 15, 2009
daunyricy
Hi samir.
Welcome to this forum. Enjoy Nowwwwwwwwwww. Laughing
Posted: December 15, 2009
Tinlau
Hi
Welcome to this forum.
Posted: August 25, 2010
bryan
Hello there Samir! Welcome to our community! We are so glad to have you here in our forum! Thank you for providing us your artworks in our gallery section. Also, don't hesitate to socialize and ask question/suggestions for it will aid your to better understanding of 3D Smile