3d forums home Resources for 3d artists

maya nDynamics

Posted: August 06, 2009
sky
Hi,
I have to prepare water falls from a tap, i have used nDynamics, set nParticle type to water, and emitted them from a rounded plane, i have created an object and set it as passive collider so the water collides with it when it falls , finally i've turned my nParticle to polygons, set my mesh attributes right and the water fell very nice and real at the beginning but after about frame 80 the mesh triangle size starts to become bigger and bigger untill the water groups together and get cut off and finish out.I wonder why this happens!! Can you help me?
Thx.
Posted: August 07, 2009
dTb
Don't know much about nDynamics is it a plugin for Maya?
Are there any settings in nParticle besides that it is water type?

Something like particle size, lifespan etc.? I think that you problem is related to this kind of settings.
Posted: August 10, 2009
3d artist gallery Andyba
dTb, nDynamics is a dynamic simulation framework powered by Maya® Nucleus ™ technology. A Maya Nucleus system is composed of a series of Nucleus objects, which consists of nCloth, nParticle, and passive collision objects, as well as dynamic constraints, and a Maya Nucleus solver.

Sky, here is a link to info about setting the lifespan and size of the particles:
http://download.autodesk.com/us/maya/2009help/files/WS1a9193826455f5ff-12ba6b3a11a9c207460-6378.htm
As I understood from your post the problem might be just it.