3d forums home Resources for 3d artists

The ALLEYCAT (Steam Punk Cat)

Posted: July 25, 2009
ALLEYCAT
CC PLEASE

cat pose.jpg cat test pic.png
Posted: August 01, 2009
CG forums guest
i'm so very new to 3d, so take my opinion as that of a ignorant, but on your scene with the cat on the pipes, it may look better with a strong light coming form the top to give it more shadow definition and keep the focus on the cat? it could also give the scene a particular mood, which the scene seems to need.

i like the model!
Posted: August 02, 2009
3d artist gallery Andyba
Hi ALLEYCAT and welcome to the 3d forum! Smile
The modeling and texturing is nice. Although some texture maps are stretched on the tubes, you can adjust the uv mapping or texture tiling to correct it.. I like the steam effects is it 3d or post-processing?
And indeed your image lacks shadows and have an unfinished feel to it.
What software did you use to create it?

I would like to move it to the 3d art work in progress forum and when you finish it you can post create another topic in the finished artwork forum.
What do you think?
Posted: June 02, 2010
Visario
I really like the model a lot - great character. I agree it really looks like he's not sat on the pipe at all. I think a different light setup could be great. Hope to see some more images of this guy soon!
Posted: June 16, 2010
bryan
Very creative. You done a good job in making your model. I agree with them, try to adjust the lighting so you will emphasize your model in the pipes Smile