3d forums home Resources for 3d artists

Fish animation

Posted: July 17, 2009
simpo
This animation was done with Blender 3D.

Regards
Posted: August 04, 2009
dTb
Hi Simpo.
Cute animation Smile
The only critique I would like to make at this point is that that the fake "caustic effect" is only on the background. All the other objects are missing it somehow. I don't know how to do it in blender but in 3ds max I would have projected it from a light.

Is it possible to add a procedural texture map to a light in blender?
Posted: August 04, 2009
3d artist gallery Andyba
Besides what was said by dTb the small blue object intersects the land surface several times. I like the music and the dynamics of this animation.
Posted: August 06, 2009
simpo
Thanks for the comments..

Sorry for the late reply.

I think it is possible to project the fake caustics from a light source in Blender. However, i did not get the desired result with it. .. So i took the easy way out Wink
Posted: August 06, 2009
3d artist gallery Andyba
simpo wrote:
I think it is possible to project the fake caustics from a light source in Blender. However, i did not get the desired result with it. .. So i took the easy way out Wink

Why what was the problem? I think that a caustic on the fish would make it look more realistic. Plus some atmosphere like fog would be great for this scene.
Posted: May 11, 2010
Sickmind
Verry cute innocent fish Smile Nice Animating !
Posted: May 12, 2010
Trax
Nice work on the environment and fish. The animation is pretty good. I feel that the side fins and the tail might be a little too quick and robotic, but again it's very difficult to animate a real effective fish. Overall good work?
Posted: June 21, 2010
bryan
Trax is right. It's Fins looks like robotic and a bit quick. The right fin of the fish sometimes disappears because of the speed. I recommend you slow down the movement of the fin.