3d forums home Resources for 3d artists

Truespace wire surface meshing not working.

Posted: July 12, 2009
Rukoth
Hi guys. Im just starting out with Truespace as my first 3D modelling software and just learning it.

I am currently doing a tutorial for it, making a viperfish. So anyways, im currently trying to connect the tail and body sections but here is my problem.

I can't get them both to enter wire-mode at the same time to select each opposing edge to connect them with a new surface.

So if I want to make them both go into wire mode at the moment I would have to start over completely, but there has got to be a way to make it so they can both go into wire mode at the same time.

Anyways, its frustrating, I was working on this all day yesterday and now this minor technicality is holding me back, can anyone help out that knows truespace? Thanks will be appreciated.
Posted: July 13, 2009
3d artist gallery Andyba
It is most probable that you have 2 different objects. What you need to do is merge or unite these objects into one object. I don't know how it is done in Truespace 3d since I have no experience working in it.

I watched the fish tutorial you are following and they create the tail and head primitives already in the same mesh as the body so it is one object from the start.

For your case try looking for something like unite or merge objects. In the worst case you can try using boolean union operation to create a mesh from 2 objects.
Posted: July 13, 2009
3d artist gallery Andyba
OK I think I found what you need.
You can try
Workspace -> Boolean Merge - tool to unite your parts.