3d forums home Resources for 3d artists

Request:Trees

Posted: July 06, 2009
LAZZY
Hi, I would like some trees for a gamed called Farmer simulator,im making a map and all the game came with is maple and cherry tree Crying or Very sad . Any type of tree would be nice but i would prefer Any type of Fir,pine,ash. They would need to be in either .Obj or a Maya project file. i've searched everywhere and couldnt find any trees, Even 2d trees would be nice(Multiple rectangles with the same texture. These will not be sold and i will give credit to the original author.Im not sure how hard trees are to make so........

Thanks,Chandler
Posted: July 07, 2009
3d artist gallery Andyba
Just take a photo of a pine. Remove the background in Photoshop and you have your own original 2d pine tree texture.

Or here is a pine tree texture tutorial: http://www.zianet.com/cdrmom/LF/PineTree/PineTree.htm

I would have gladly modeled one for you but I am too busy right now, sorry.

And for a real time simulator a the thing I suggested you above is the best option imho. I can't imagine what computer is necessary to render a high detailed pine tree in real time, not even mentioning a pine forest Smile

Good luck with your project!
LAZZY
Thank you, The link doesnt work but yeah the hard part is removing the background is there an easier way to do it other than by the eraser tool?
and where are some good sites for tree textures

EDIT: None of Zianet's sites work for me, i think my internet is crapping out on me Confused
3d artist gallery Andyba
Quote:
the hard part is removing the background is there an easier way to do it other than by the eraser tool?

There is... You should find a pine tree that is on some hill and the background is a clear sky only, it is better when there are no clouds on the sky.
Then you use the magic wand tool or color select tool to select the sky region and delete it. In film production blue color is used a lot for compositing so it should be easy.