3d forums home Resources for 3d artists

jumper key ring

Posted: June 01, 2009
3d artist gallery renderpimp
another filler project, modeled in moi, textured in bodypaint and c4d and then rendered using maxwell

3570450651_c99ff59c04.jpg
Posted: June 02, 2009
3d artist gallery Andyba
The render is superb!!! looks like a photo!
Never used maxwell renderer btw... how is it? Is it faster than vray?
Posted: June 02, 2009
thanks for the comment (thought the forum was dead lol)
maxwell is unbiased so it will create physically accurate renders if used right. this does come at a cost of time but to be honest 90% of my client work renders in an hour. i use fryrender more (which is still unbiased) than maxwell.
Posted: June 05, 2009
lifangcg
seems i can't post yet.
3d artist gallery Andyba
lifangcg, what can't you post?

Thank you renderpimp.
Regarding the forum activity may be because of the economic crisis everyone is working hard so there is no time for chatting... There are always some guest users online
i like how he posted saying he couldnt post, or maybe he meant post a new thread, hmmm

well im here now so i will be sticking around for a while, so i hope to see some inspiring stuff Smile
3d artist gallery Andyba
renderpimp wrote:
i like how he posted saying he couldnt post, or maybe he meant post a new thread, hmmm

He probably meant links Smile
We have an antispam protection that requires the user to post 16 posts If I remember correctly before he can post urls. Otherwise the forum will be full of spam posted by spambots.

BTW are you using C4D all the time? Is Maxwell renderer integrated well with Cinema4D?
c4d is my main app now yes and maxwell is intergrated ish, fryrender is intergrated more better (imho)
3d artist gallery Andyba
Cool.. It's nice to know there are such good 3d programs for Mac.
fryrender aint for the mac though sorry Sad
Posted: June 06, 2009
3d artist gallery Andyba
what about maxwell is it for mac?
Posted: June 29, 2009
kevinshane
really nice materials
Posted: June 22, 2010
bryan
Nice. This looks like a real picture Smile
Agreed, this looks like the real thing. Its difficult to discern that this is not a photograph (which is a good thing).
Posted: August 27, 2010
bryan
I appreciate the picture but I do not know what you really are trying to convey here. I think that images are made to convey something and tell people something they can not usually read. It's because Pictures say a thousand words.
Great render. I remember seeing this on the Maxwell forums a while back (probably around the same time this thread was made). Textures are perfect. Smile
Posted: March 10, 2011
nelson22
Andyba wrote:
The render is superb!!! looks like a photo!
Never used maxwell renderer btw... how is it? Is it faster than vray?

Yeah that actually LOOKS like a photo...what are your secrets?
Posted: April 26, 2011
artabsinth
Nice picture, looks realistic, is it a part of some kind of a project? What's the story?