3d forums home Resources for 3d artists

new to 3dsmax

Posted: January 08, 2009
ussyless
hi there, i'm quite new to 3dsmax, and im hoping to learn how to model organic/human thing in it to begin with, i think i already have the material editor figured out and the reactor physics thing worked out, anyhow, i was hoping, if anyone here has MSN(or WLM) messenger, if they would add me, for quick reference/help when i need it ^_^
my MSN address is (uh, sorry its saying i cant post my email, please refer to my profile)
sorry if i shouldn't post this here, if this is inappropriate please move to correct forum
Posted: January 08, 2009
3d artist gallery Andyba
Hi ussyless!
Welcome to our CG artist forums!
I will help you if you ask all you questions here in the forums.
This way I will be helping everyone that has the same question.
Posted: January 09, 2009
ussyless
most of my questions are too small, and embarrasing to post here =P anywho, i've just been playing around with 3dsmax animations, just simple things like refracting water droplets (using the noise modifier)
i dont suppose someone could point me towards some character modelling tutorials?
dTb
There are no such things like small and embarrassing questions. Smile
I cannot post links so check the 3d tutorials section in the resources menu.
There are many character 3d modeling tutorials.
3d artist gallery Andyba
Here is a nice 3d modeling tutorial:
http://www.3dtotal.com/ffa/tutorials/max/joanofarc/joanmenu.asp

And as dTb wrote the questions about refracting water droplets are exactly the type of questions that can be asked here Smile
Posted: January 10, 2009
ussyless
no, that wasnt a question, its just an example of some of the simple animations i've created, thanks for the link, will take a look
ussyless
quick question, how can i texture an eyeball quickly?
3d artist gallery Andyba
Quickly... hm..
Create a procedural gradient and map it with cylindrical mapping on a sphere.
That's the quickest way.
ussyless
heres a render of a face i created today, i tried to make it look artistic ^_^ sorry if the image screws up, i cancled it half way through upload realising it was too big and changed the file

refract2.JPG
3d artist gallery Andyba
Nice start.. are you aiming for an alien look...
I mean do you need critique regarding the anatomy?
I would model the lower eye lid. With lower eye lid it is easier to show an emotion...