50%
 50%  [ 2 ]
Zbrush
50%
 50%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 4

Posted: December 26, 2008
3d artist gallery Andyba
Which software is better for high detailed 3d modeling?
Personally I really like the mudbox interface... Wink
Posted: September 04, 2009
Gnad
I like ZBrush 3 it handles a lot of details with ease.
Posted: October 22, 2009
Greg3d
OK if we compare Zbrush vs Mudbox then Zbrush is more universal having a lot of tools like Zspheres, Retopo and Transpose. I am not sure who can handle more details Zbrush or Mudbox but the first is also an older program which is more mature imho. It has great symmetry and is quite easy to work in when you get to know it better.
Posted: July 24, 2010
UVlas
I love how easy it is to use Mudbox especially in compareson to Zbrush.
It is just like sculpting clay in your hands!
Posted: September 17, 2010
baalnazzar
Personally I like Zbrush and its ZSpheres. I suppose that both programs are just good and each one has some pluses and minuses.

BTW - is there any topic where ycy123 didn't copy previous posts?
Posted: September 17, 2010
3d artist gallery Andyba
ycy123 is terminated. Smile
He was a spammer. I should create some way to let the more advanced users report the spammers.

Back to the topic:
Yeah ZSpheres are indeed cool, you can sketch the raw form of the 3d model really fast with them. But the interface is still a pain imho.
I have started working in mudbox almost instantly while Zbrush took some time to learn and I still don't understand fully some of the UI concepts.
Posted: September 20, 2010
baalnazzar
You're right about ZBrush interface. Nothing's perfect Wink I wonder if changing interface would be good or not. Of course it would be good for new users but I suppose that old ones are used to it even if it's pain Wink
Posted: September 24, 2010
Trax
Zbrush all the way for me.

Zbrush's interface is slightly complicated, but if you watch and learn from Pixologic's website list of tutorials it gets easier and easier. Zbrush is amazing to use because of the wide range of customization of brushes, tools, alphas, brush strokes, baking, materials, etc.

I use Zbrush in my workflow a ton, thanks to tutorials, friends, and inspiring artists in the industry I understand how to create characters and even environments using Zbrush.

I tried Mudbox but it didn't stick with me.
Posted: November 01, 2010
dTb
Trax, that's because you tried mudbox after getting used to Z-brush.
If you come to mudbox from a software like Maya or 3ds Max you can start working practically without any learning.
Posted: June 17, 2011
3d artist gallery Andyba
What about Zbrush 4.0 vs Mudbox 2012?
There are many new tools in both programs...
I really like the texturing abilities of Mudbox 2012 and I don't know too much about Zbrush 4.0
Anyone knows how the latest versions compare?
Posted: June 17, 2011
baalnazzar
ZBrush 4.0 has lot of new stuff. Animations, shadowbox, working with strokes. Really, really lot of stuff that makes work easier. Here are few things

Posted: June 20, 2011
3d artist gallery Andyba
Hm... I can see that z-brush4.0 has a lot more new features compared to mudbox2012

Posted: July 19, 2011
gustavoeb
Mud is very easy to use, even if it has less features. Plus painting in it is awesome, it exports layers neatly organized in PS while Zbrush only has the sucky Polypaint =/
Sculpting brushes in Z are sweet though