3d forums home Resources for 3d artists

A complete begginer calls for help

Posted: November 06, 2008
ElwoodSeven
Hi all, my name is elwood. I have recenlty become interested 3d modeling for PC games coded with C++. I am a complete begginer and am not to sure how I should get started. If any of you can help, I would really appretiate a list of any good book titles, guides, online resouces or any other learning facility's you can think of.

All help is welcome including how you may have got started and into this area of 3d graphic modeling.

Thanks for helping me get the ball rolling!

Elwood
If you are interested in creating your own 3d models you can start from some open source 3d software like wings3d.

Download them, install and try modeling something.
They usually come with docs.
Posted: November 21, 2008
chidgey
3dbuzz.com is one of the best sites for 3d tutorials and 3d resources. The best way to get started 3d modeling is to just play around and get your hands dirty with some simple models. start simple with models of things like coke cans, bottles, glasses and then move onto the more difficult areas. Dont expect to just be able to start modeling characters straight away, this is a much more advanced area of modeling due to the level of detail required. Practice makes perfect.