3d forums home Resources for 3d artists

Softimage Xsi: HDRI render - XSI

Posted: June 22, 2007
Gloski
Well I just followed the tutorial in you site Ed, for HDRI renderings. I dunno if I-m doing something wrong, but my images lacks color... it seems like I just get a "nomal" final gathering render, and don-t really have the color nuances.

I used the "The Uffizi Gallery, Florence" Probe image from Debevec's site (http://www.debevec.org/Research/HDR/)

I tryied other probe images (with more colors on them), but all my renders seem to be in black and white. Am I doing something wrong? plz help! :D

this is the pic I did with the Uffizi Gallery HDRI Probe image:

I was curious about HDRI, that-s why I'm making these tests, if u guys have other tutorial links, or info related to HDRI plz let me know! :)

thnxs!
Posted: June 25, 2007
Gloski
ooppss.... made a mistake with the image link.... here it is:

ciao!
Posted: June 26, 2007
Gloski
sorry guys... hope this one works... dunno why the other doesn-t work, i-ll try again... one last time...

if it doesn-t work plz try this link:

damn... sorry about the broken links... je ne comprend pas Very Happy

cya
Posted: June 27, 2007
Mefisto
Hi!

try to connect image to "color" node (not just to radience). I'm playing with HDRI too, but I can't correctly map HDR (*.map) image on the sphere :/ I get some black spots on it. What projection do you use?
Posted: June 28, 2007
Gloski
Hi Barracuda! thnxs for the reply... well I-m going to test right now what u told me (plug it into color also).

I'm using Spherical Projection...

I'll keep you informed if it worxs! Smile