3d forums home Resources for 3d artists

Softimage Xsi: OOs mixer ascii script works in 3.01 but not

Posted: April 10, 2007
UVlas
from the XSI list:

What do you guys do to save and reload the animation mixer setup in 3.5?

This is a huge hole, or does it work for other people in 3.5? Please tell me if it does so I know wether to pursue the script for this.

OOs mixer ascii script works in 3.01 but not in 3.5 at least for me.

Anyone experience this and figure a workaround?

The animation>import/export mixer is not useful to me as it deletes the more recent actions from the mixer which OOs mixer script wisely didnt do. Trying to figure out what actions from a more recent mixer need to be copied back, after the import mixer function erased the more recent actions, is a PITA.

I need to reload earlier scenes mixer timeline setups, NOT replace the entire mixer. (may have to script it but OOs code its quite lengthly to modify for me at my level of scripting).

If doesnt exist a feature request o to be able to export or save animation mixer only, not all of mixer and its actions, then and re-import or load. Alss add a connection template in case action source names were changed or havent been imported yet.

OOs mixer ascii script was a great tool but heres the problem:

I can export mixer ascii data from 3.01 and open it in 3.5 but cannot export from 3.5 and open it in 3.5 so I presume that although the export causes no error that it doesn't export all the presets:

'INFO : "MixerData saved in C:\Documents and Settings\Graham D Clark\My Documents\projects\WaterTwo\actions\shot01carol.txt"

'INFO : "Presets saved in C:\Documents and Settings\Graham D Clark\My Documents\projects\WaterTwo\actions\shot01carol"

AsciiMixerExport

'ERROR : "2006-ANIM-LoadActionPreset - Unexpected failure. - [line 706 in c:\users\Graham D Clark\Softimage\XSI_3.5\Addons\Data\Scripts\OO_MixerAsciiData.vbs]"

'ERROR : "2023 - File not found: c:\users\Graham D Clark\Softimage\XSI_3.5\Addons\Data\Scripts\OO_MixerAsciiData.vbs."

AsciiMixerImport

I tried renaming 3.01 user file to 3.5 and to see if it was due to different folder arrangements or some kind of spdl thing but didn't work either

I tried to save a preset of a mixer track and load it in another scene on same track on same model but get an error:

'ERROR : "2000 - Cannot Save preset for Instanced Action"

'ERROR : "2000-FILE-SILoadPreset - Unspecified failure - [line 5844 in C:\Softimage\XSI_3.5\Application\DSScripts\uixsiscripts.vbs]"

LoadPreset , "WomanSkeleton_CompleteCarol.Mixer.Mixer_Anim_Track"

Speratre issue, trying to get actions back n forth between modles in seperate scenes I get this error:

'ERROR : "2000-FILE-SILoadPreset - Unspecified failure - [line 5844 in C:\Softimage\XSI_3.5\Application\DSScripts\uixsiscripts.vbs]"

LoadPreset , "WomanSkeleton_CompleteCarol.Mixer.SHOT7n8CarolSkelRT"

Thank you, Graham

------------------------------

http://www.grahamdclark.com