3d forums home Resources for 3d artists

3ds Max: ugent: problem with IK setup when animating

Posted: January 23, 2007
Yarlagad
Dear fellow 3d enthuitast

I have set up a bones system for a cartoon character I have modeled for my project.

I have used IK on legs, arms and backbone and used helpers for swivels on the backbone and arms!I used the IK-goals for animation.

When I keyframe the arms, fx just a motion going from the head(A) and down(B), it seems to really mess up the move, by doing some really weird move fx taking the arm above its head in a slit second!

In the fuction-curves it shows as a really annoying curve with a big boom betwwen the keyframes that I can't flatten out, or don't know how to do that!

Also If I'm trying to do a walkcyckle and set the legs in various poses etc in various poses the foot that is set to a later keyframe moves from the very first start which means when I playback the animation both feets leaves the ground on the same time though I have set the keyframe and poses for the other foot later!So it kind a like make a movement that looks like he is flying a bit..

I would appreciate any help, I really need to have this projhect done ready very soon.

Any help would be appreciated. Also perhaps a reliable IK setup, though I almost feel like handanimate the whole stuff(FK)!

Thanks,

Dan