3d forums home Resources for 3d artists

Can I get some ideas from the artists here on a project?

Posted: December 17, 2006
slobizman
I am not a graphic artist, but I registered to ask you artists if you can offer me some advice on something.

I have an idea for a web site that would require a near-realistic looking character. A very sexy female, almost human-looking, but just not human enough so that you can tell that she is an android. I've seen the beautiful work that people do and I know that part is not a problem.

Here's the dilemma. I would need to often have this character in different poses, with different expressions, etc. to go along with a storyline over time. Obviously it would be cost-prohibitive and too time consuming to get a new custom job each time I needed this done, which could be one to a few times a week.

So, my question is, is there some way that an artist could make up a "character" in one of the programs you guys use, and then I, with that or some other program could change the poses/expressions/etc, not by me being an artist, but doing something manual/technical in the program to move the body or facial features. I'm not explaining this very well because I have no idea how these programs work and what the state of the art is now.

It's probably not something that can be done, but does anyone have any ideas for something like this?
Posted: December 18, 2006
3d artist gallery Andyba
I think you should try poser.
It has some predefined characters..
I'm not sure if custom models can be done for poser but it's probably possible. And it's really easy to pose them.