Sid Conner
how is Painter better than photoshop?
Posted: May 23, 2006
drop007
not totally different from photoshop, but it have it's ups and downs
Posted: May 23, 2006
Sid Conner
ok?
is it good for painting textures and such then?
Posted: September 04, 2009
Gnad
I think that these programs are a bit different.
Painter is more for painting. While photoshop is more for editing photos.
Posted: October 22, 2009
3d artist gallery Andyba
Indeed while there are many painters that use Photoshop for painting digital images. Photoshop is used more for photo compositing and editing. While painter has things like canvas texture and various brush simulations that make it perfect for traditional artists to move to digital media.
Posted: May 22, 2011
musik8101
They are different for sure but you can do amazing things with photoshop. I have been doing graphics in photoshop for years and I cant find any other software that can touch it. If you cant find a brush that you need then you can make it and you can create amazing detail and texture. It is just as good for digital art as it is for editing photos. Its just a very in depth program that you really have to learn to appreciate everything that it does. Add in a Intuos 4 Pen Tablet and it's pretty close to limitless.
Posted: January 21, 2012
stollo770
Photoshop blows doors. Photoshop is the industry standard. I have never even heard of painter
Posted: February 28, 2012
Alex910
photoshop man, photoshop;)
Painter does not have all the potoshop features;)
Posted: March 06, 2012
cbphil
Painter is more for illustration. It doesn't have a lot of the features that photoshop has, but has some pretty novel features that photoshop lacks. I use both, and it just depends on what I'm doing as to which I prefer. I will say that if I could only use one it would be Photoshop.
Posted: June 18, 2012
Lincolne
Hi, I am new user here and i am from US. I am expert in Photoshop so i think Photoshop is great for pictures.
Posted: June 19, 2012
3d artist gallery Andyba
Hi Lincolne, and welcome to 3d forums.
Do you mean that photoshop is great for painting for image manipulation?
Posted: July 04, 2012
RocketLaserProductions
Photoshop has never failed me, once you get used to using it it can prove to be a fantastic software
Posted: August 08, 2012
vkhu
I would stick with photoshop since it's easier to find tutorial for it Smile). It's also pretty well known so I can ask around if I encounter any problem.
Posted: August 24, 2012
layercake
I don't think Paiter is better than Photoshop!
Posted: November 10, 2013
3d artist gallery Andyba
Here are 2 videos where an artist paints the same girl in painter 11 and Photoshop CS5
so you can make your own conclusions: Smile

Painter 11:

Photoshop CS5:
Posted: February 08, 2017
Goro
Aaron Rutten here says that Painter is better for artists that photoshop?
Is it true? What about Krita?