3d forums home Resources for 3d artists

Render I/O Supervisor job

Posted: May 04, 2006
CG JOBS
subject: Render I/O Supervisor , Rhythm & Hues Studios

Rhythm & Hues Studios is looking for Render I/O Supervisor

Job details: The Render I/O (RIO) Supervisor will be responsible for supervising members of the RIO Department, including interviewing, recruiting and recommending candidates for hire, coordinating the training and doing performance evaluations of the members of the RIO Department. The RIO Supervisor will meet periodically with studio project representatives (producers, supervisors) as well as Production Management to help coordinate and balance resource allocation for the Studio. The RIO Supervisor will work closely with the MIS Team and other Technology Department Leads in planning and having the RIO department participate in implementing software tools related to Render I/O for the department and the Studio.
Requirements: Responsibilities
Assist in and delegate management of studio resources, such as disk space and batch CPU utilization, coordination of backups and restores, prioritizing of computer tasks, and writing of documentation.
Supervise and coordinate training of RIO Coordinators, including coordinating the 7x24 hour work schedule.
Assist project supervisors and production managers in coordinating Studio wide resource allocations, including helping to build consensus in cases of resource contention.
Work with Technology Department Leads to plan, delegate, assign, maintain and implement software tools related to batch CPU utilization and disk management.
Manage projects of department, communicating status regularly to next-level management.

Required Skills/Experience
Ability to supervise and lead a team of RIO coordinators, to build consensus and lead constructive dialog toward issue resolution.
Excellent communication and presentation skills, both spoken and written.
Unix shell experience (strong familiarity with basic tools, such as Unix shells, tar, ftp, rsh, ps, etc.)
Scripting and programming experience (perl, C/C++, sh/csh).
Experience in a large installation Unix environment.
Ability to work in a fast paced, high-pressure environment.

Desired Skills/Experience
Several years managing resources for a medium to large studio.
Enterprise class database experience (informix and mysql preferred -- oracle, sybase).
Strong foundation in Unix software development, maintenance and distribution tools, such as variants of make, revision control, remote distribution and basic software engineering concepts.
CA
USA

email - recruitment@rhythm.com
fax - 310.448.7600
phone - 310.448.7500
address - 5404 Jandy Place

Los Angeles
Ca
USA
web site - http://www.rhythm.com

3d modeling jobs