3d forums home Resources for 3d artists

How They Do It ??

Posted: April 07, 2024
Mathieu Polo
Hello everybody !

I developed a concept for a series of humorous videos, the heart of which consists of animating in 3D a small humanoid character (approximately 70 cm high), in our real world, and who therefore interacts with real people. Planned publication frequency: 1 time per week. Budget: very low (around 500 euros in pre-production, then around 150 euros per month, let's say).

(I am a videographer and author but I have no skills in 3D)

Method that I had considered (and which respects this budget!): create a 3D model of the character, specifically for the Wonderdynamics site, which allows for motion capture, and also to transcribe the facial expressions of the actor.

Problems :
- mainly: the character's expressions and lip movements are not as well reproduced as I expected
- incidentally: we cannot make a character really covered in hair (hair is not correctly supported by Wonderdynamics) and the material which makes up the characters cannot be deformable (example: we cannot give the character a big soft belly which moves when the character jumps, everything is necessarily frozen).

Do you have any other ideas/advice to at least benefit from better facial expressions and a more faithful reproduction of lip movements?

However, I recently came across an Instragram channel which has a very similar visual concept with small characters (except that they are immersed in a 3D environment, but they might be able to transpose their character into the real world I think):
https://www.instagram.com/panda_._land/
I find their rendering EXCELLENT and worthy of big studios:
- excellent facial expressions
- very natural mouth movements
- hairy and deformable bodies

It is really beautiful. And they have a very, very frequent publication frequency! Do you have any idea how they do it? How do they manage to create such a result without breaking the bank?

Thank you very much for your help and advices !

Mat
Posted: April 12, 2024
jatin_gupta00_
Mathieu Polo,At "Capture The Brand," we pride ourselves on delivering a comprehensive suite of 3D model and animation services that elevate your brand and captivate your audience. Our experienced team leverages state-of-the-art technology and industry-leading techniques to provide a seamless experience from concept to completion.With our 3D modeling services, we offer:
Product Visualization: Transform your product designs into photorealistic 3D models that showcase every detail and feature with unparalleled clarity.
Architectural Rendering: Bring architectural designs to life with immersive 3D visualizations that allow clients to explore spaces before they are built, enhancing communication and decision-making.
Character Design: Create memorable characters for animations, games, or storytelling purposes, tailored to suit your brand's personality and objectives.
Environmental Modeling: Design intricate 3D environments that set the stage for your narratives, whether it's for virtual reality experiences, film production, or marketing campaigns.
Prototype Development: Rapidly prototype and iterate on product designs using 3D modeling, allowing for faster development cycles and more accurate testing.
In addition to our modeling services, we specialize in 3D animation, offering:
Motion Graphics: Craft visually dynamic motion graphics that communicate complex ideas or messages in a captivating and easily digestible format.
Character Animation: Bring characters to life with fluid animation and expressive movements that resonate with your audience and enhance storytelling.
Product Demonstrations: Showcase the functionality and features of your products through engaging 3D animations that highlight their unique selling points.
Architectural Walkthroughs: Create immersive virtual tours of architectural spaces, allowing clients to explore interiors and exteriors in realistic detail.
Visual Effects: Enhance your projects with stunning visual effects that add depth, realism, and impact to your animations or presentations.
At "Capture The Brand," we are committed to delivering exceptional quality, creativity, and attention to detail in every project we undertake. Our goal is to exceed our clients' expectations and provide them with the tools they need to stand out in today's competitive marketplace. Let us help you bring your ideas to life and leave a lasting impression on your audience.
www.captbrand.com