3d forums home Resources for 3d artists

General CG Talk

This is the place for general Computer Graphics Talk.
Which 3D- software for sport stadiums
Hello I´m asking for your help concerning my wish to create sport stadiums for presentations. I already created two stadiums in Autodesk Inventor and textured it with 3D Max. But since Inventor ...
last post on September 10, 2009 - by barney
3D Game class is open for registration General CG Talk 3D Game class is open for registration
Hi everyone, My good friend Sue Blackman will be teaching a 3D Game class at Palomar College. This is a hands on class (not virtual) at the community college in North San Diego area. Anyone over ...
last post on September 10, 2009 - by 3Dgal
Graphic artist needs recommendations for Mac 3D package.
Hi Hope I'm posting in the right section here. I am returning to 3D design after about 8 years break. I'm a graphics professional (Photoshop, InDesign, Quark Illustrator etc). I used to use ...
last post on September 04, 2009 - by Andyba
3ds Max: .X export plugin?
Where can I get a free .x (directX) exporter (plugin) for 3DStudio MAX 5? ...
last post on August 22, 2009 - by frankrs1
Where can I find First Flight(2006) shortfilm?
Does anyone know if this short film really exist? I can't find anywhere... ...
last post on August 10, 2009 - by Andyba
Shanghai 3d studio, hight quality, competitive price!
This is Sunrise Visual Design Co., Ltd. located in Shanghai, which will be the center of financial and freight of China in the nearest future. Now we'd like to introduce our company to you. Our ...
last post on July 26, 2009 - by Fizz Creative
Looking for animation project(Maya, motionbuilder, 3ds max)
Our company is Dalian Steer Digital Technology Co., Ltd. which is headquartered in Dalian China and focuses its main business on ,3D Animation and Virtual Reality. Steer with its team members have ...
last post on June 30, 2009 - by Prashant Jain
3d resources
http://mystic-nights.com - Mystic Nights 3D ...
last post on June 29, 2009 - by kevinshane
do you have a 3-d model of Shanghai's Lujiazui?
Hey there, MArch I searching for a vector parcel map of Shanghai's Lujiazui area (Oriental Pearl Tower, etc.)--I've seen so many 3-d models of it online but can't seem to locate an actual file ...
last post on June 29, 2009 - by kevinshane
Freelance 3D
I am looking for someone to build a 3D logo from an image that I've got. The logo needs to look Chrome as well as Gold. Needs all the fine details. Whomever gets selected must be perfect at what ...
last post on June 23, 2009 - by davidsh888
Need help in 3ds max
Hello. I've been given a max file including an architectural 2d cad file but my problem is that i can't normally trace the lines with spline and snap.. Lines come out crooked.. Anyone knows ...
last post on June 22, 2009 - by Andyba
Looking for animation project(Maya, motionbuilder, 3ds max)
Our company is Dalian Steer Digital Technology Co., Ltd. which is headquartered in Dalian China and focuses its main business on ,3D Animation and Virtual Reality. Steer with its team members have ...
last post on June 22, 2009 - by steercg2008
ATI Youtube video contest *Warning Shamless plug inside*
"I Love ATI Radeon™ Graphics" video contest We have our top 10 videos for the ATI Radeon Graphics video contest. Vote for your favorite video. The video with the highest rating will win ...
last post on June 21, 2009 - by davidsh888
Favorite 3D modeling package
What is peoples favorite 3D modeling package? and why do you think this is a good package? I require this information because I am doing a project for college on what is a good 3D modeling package ...
how to find a project
i am new in business and professional in 3D animation design,specially in architecture.is there anyone who can tell me how to find a project and how to contact clients ?thank you very ...
how do I download files?
how do I download files ? ...
Online Rendering
Anyone that is looking to outsource a rendering job now is the time. In celebration of SIGGRAPH, all this week (until 8/17/08) RenderTITAN is doubling any render time that you purchase. Head over to ...
3d Modeling Career
I'm 16 and I'm sitting my A-levels. I have decided I want to do 3-D modeling at University. I know Staford uni do a 3D modeling course, do any others? I will need a portfolio of work right? And ...
Good place to get blueprints?
for image planes. The ones at the-blueprints kind of ...
last post on June 12, 2009 - by Andyba
Needs Help
Hi there. I am developing this 3d race game. I am not so good at modeling 3d object and graphic design, so I would appreciate if someone helps in designing the game. Also level design and stuffs. If ...
last post on June 06, 2009 - by Andyba
Assistance in Starting a 3D Project
I've always been interested about creating my own 3D cinematic video, and its always been something Ive wanted to do. However, I've just never knew what the process is for doing so. You know for ...
last post on June 05, 2009 - by lifangcg
Happy new 2009 Year!
I wish everyone a happy, creative and productive 2009 year!!! ...
last post on June 05, 2009 - by lifangcg
Im new to 3D modeling and want to find some downloads
Im thinking of starting 3D modeling and would like to download some files to look at so I can color them and make changes. I was wondering if any one has links to sites with downloads, forums and a ...
last post on June 05, 2009 - by CG forums guest
How 3D Website Animation can increase sales?
In today’s competitive online business environment the key to standing out from your competitors is to have top of the line cutting edge technology on your web site. One of these outstanding ...
last post on January 28, 2009 - by Andyba
Hello!?! looking for a small project partner
I have an idea / concept that by using a simple 3d animation will simply explain to people who have experienced some level of abuse / trauma and consequent PTSD their behaviour patterns I have no ...
last post on January 09, 2009 - by Andyba
simple question
Hi, im just looking for a free program for my mac, that alows you to pose 3d models that i downloaded, basic. and easy hello???can anyone ...
last post on January 08, 2009 - by Andyba
How to find a job as voice actor
http://www.prepareinterview.com/tips/typesVoiceActor.asp Voice actors are just like actors. They have managers, they belong to an actor's guild and have to audition by sending in voice reels. And ...
last post on December 31, 2008 - by Andyba
simple question
Hi, im just looking for a free program for my mac, that alows you to pose 3d models that i downloaded, basic. and ...
last post on December 31, 2008 - by Andyba
need help on developing a modeling software
Hi guys, i'm a newbie in CG and need to do a project that require to create a simple software for image processing and create a 3d model for it. The concept is simple, the software should be able ...
last post on December 26, 2008 - by rpadc2002
XXIII World Congress of Architecture
XXIII World Congress of Architecture Torino (Italy) June 29th - July 03rd FOR MORE ...
last post on May 07, 2008 - by UIA
On behalf of the scorched3d community
On behalf of the scorched3d community I would first like to compliment this fine gathering of computer graphics skill and knowledge. It is about this skill and knowledge that I have come. The ...
last post on November 23, 2007 - by Sloan
3ds Max: 3ds max Learning Tools Survey - Prizes to be won!!
All... I'd like to ask you to take a few minutes of your time to fill in a survey about Discreet Learning Tools This URL will take you directly to the ...
last post on May 04, 2007 - by MadWolf
Softimage Xsi: In case you missed JoJo In The Stars
Check out this link. Great work, all done in ...
last post on May 03, 2007 - by Shawn Lancing
Softimage Xsi: For Sale: All about XSI fundamentals
Hi Guys , I am selling the 2 VHS tape set of "All about XSI fundamentals" http://www.cineframe.com/fundamentals/index.htm $40 + Shipping Pm me if interested. Thanks , ...
last post on May 02, 2007 - by Pyata
Softimage Xsi: XSI: Linux X Win and performance
What is difference betwen Linux and windows? Im interrested only in ...
last post on April 30, 2007 - by PiX
Softimage Xsi: xsi promotion
i caught this on another mailing list: "For those u dont know, and most of you probably, AVID is gonna make a promotion next month and until December, there will be significant price cuts ...
last post on April 30, 2007 - by Tech3D
Softimage Xsi: Softimage User Group in Atlanta
Hey Atlanta-area folks: XSI Atlanta User Group Wednesday, Oct 22 6:30pm-9:00pm Location: Lab 601 Address: 621, North Ave. NE, suite A100, Atlanta, GA 30308 This year's User Group ...
last post on April 20, 2007 - by Reid6754
3ds Max: Seattle 3D Event Oct 22-24
http://www.xyzandyou.org/xdchallenge/ Check it out looks pretty ...
last post on April 19, 2007 - by Pyata
Softimage Xsi: xsi to lightwave or 3DSMax Script
Hello, does anybody know a (free) tool that can convert xsi- or 3DSMax Script-Files to lightwave-files or even Cinema4D-Files? There is a new free 3D-Tracker called voodoo tracker (free beta ...
last post on April 19, 2007 - by Charles Smith
3ds Max: Direct 3D...Problem.
hi every one... I installed DX 8.1 and tried to use Direct 3d on my system.....every thing goes fine but in Win98 the geometry is leaving trails while i try to manipulate it but i m not having ...
last post on April 18, 2007 - by Vagon
Buisness web
Guys I want to design a decorated animated logo for my flash website.A company called some www.webdesigningcopmpany.net I contacted is charging some $125 for that..yeahhh.. they are offering some ...
last post on April 16, 2007 - by Andyba
3ds Max: MAXscript: toggle hotkey
I cannot find the MAXscript to make a hotkey out of this...could someone please help? Some of the MAX modellers here at my studio would like to speed up their workflow. Since I only know a tiny ...
last post on April 12, 2007 - by Derek
Softimage Xsi: Dreamworks makes Sharks Behave
Sorry for this blatant plug, but this is pretty exciting news for ...
last post on March 26, 2007 - by Viggo Hoskins
3ds Max: file unit scale
Hi, in france, I work with centimeters scenes, and have configured my maxstart like this. Then when lmoading max5 files or us friends files, I got a popup asking scaling/adopt file unit ...
last post on March 23, 2007 - by Montana
3ds Max: OFFICIAL TIPS FOR MAX - Part VI
114. Raytrace ------------- By separating the diffuse, reflect, and transparency components, Raytrace material gives you a great deal of control over how the object reacts to its environment. For ...
last post on March 22, 2007 - by Pusher
3ds Max: OFFICIAL TIPS FOR MAX - Part V
90. Metallic Objects -------------------- If the metallic object is the focus of the scene, you can improve realism by using a Blend material to combine metallic shading with a reflection ...
last post on March 22, 2007 - by PiX
3ds Max: OFFICIAL TIPS FOR MAX - Part IV
41. Volume Select Modifier -------------------------- Besides mesh objects, you can use patch objects and NURBS objects. In addition, if you turn on Soft Selection rollout > Use Soft ...
last post on March 22, 2007 - by ZaSCoK
Softimage Xsi: Linux Version of XSI EXP
In case you were hiding under a rock and didn't hear, the Linux version of XSI Exp is now ...
last post on March 22, 2007 - by FireWall
3ds Max: OFFICIAL TIPS FOR MAX - Part III
41. Volume Select Modifier -------------------------- Besides mesh objects, you can use patch objects and NURBS objects. In addition, if you turn on Soft Selection rollout > Use Soft ...
last post on March 21, 2007 - by Carlos Fillion
3ds Max: OFFICIAL TIPS FOR MAX - Part II
22.Helpers ---------- The Length readout of the tape object is displayed in the Modify panel only when you select the tape end of the object (as opposed to the target or link line). You can lock ...
last post on March 21, 2007 - by Alicci
3ds Max: OFFICIAL TIPS FOR MAX - Part I
When I was reading MAX 3's reference, I was collecting tips inside it and then when I finished and looked at what I have collected so far,: 185 tips for MAX, through I dont know which of you remember ...
last post on March 21, 2007 - by Fordicio
3ds Max: rhino tut
In the rhino tut that comes standard with max they tell you to select a bunch of vertexes and smooth them from the quad menu. I have however been screwing around with with that ...
last post on March 20, 2007 - by kinoman
3ds Max: importing multiple files!
Hey Guys, I am importing heaps of *.STL files from an assembly and its giving me the shits. I have to import around 200 files and I have to do it one by one. Is there a script or plug in I can get ...
last post on March 13, 2007 - by dwp
last post on March 13, 2007 - by Axan
Softimage Xsi: eds 1024 x 768 layout problem
I am usings eds layout from his site however the hotkeys for the render tree and the explorer dont work.All the other layouts that i downloaded the hotkeys work fine.I went into the keyboard layout ...
last post on March 13, 2007 - by DoggyJP
Softimage Xsi: ohm-news
Hi there, hope I don't bother anybody ... ;-) Just wanted to keep you updated... Finished the OHM-Plugins for MAX... (there are some for Cinema, XSI and Maya already) regards, Helge ...
last post on March 13, 2007 - by Natashka1954
3ds Max: Simeon Rex Updates
For those who has not seen the pilot episode, sneak peaks QT clips have been updated on Simeon Rex website. Now there's all 18 clips of video uploaded. The whole episode was done in ...
last post on March 12, 2007 - by PiX
3ds Max: lightmesh - freewareplugin for max 3/4/5
some really good freeware plugin for max 3/4/5 ... home and download: http://www.gfx-inside.net/lightmesh/ With LightMesh you will have soft shadows, some kind of global illumination (no ...
last post on March 12, 2007 - by Shawn
3ds Max: Cool Site In Russia...
Look: http://www.b3d.by.ru or http://www.3dbox.da.ru How site for ...
last post on March 12, 2007 - by olivervalentine
Softimage Xsi: XSI SDK Problem (Polygon Selection)
Hi all, I wish you a happy new year.... ( I know, I'm late, but I haven't been here before in 2003... ;-) ) Well, I have some problems programming in VB in XSI. I want to count the ...
last post on February 23, 2007 - by Max3D
Softimage Xsi: ad!(welcome to china CG talk) the best Ch
ad!(welcome to china CG talk) the best China CG talk www.chinaVFX.com http://www.chinavfx.com/bbs/index.php (pro XSI ...
last post on February 23, 2007 - by Fordicio
3ds Max: new 3s max 5 demo movie for resellers in Sweden
:: I was able to get this link to 12 new movies of 3ds max 5. Check it out. I'd like to take this opportunity to point out just how powerful Windows Media Technologies are. That zip contained 12 ...
last post on February 22, 2007 - by Collar
3ds Max: SplutterFish announces Shave and a Haircut for 3ds
July 16, 2001, Venice, California -- SplutterFish, maker of the Brazil Rendering System, is pleased to announce Joe Alter's "Shave and a Haircut" - the acclaimed hair-creation package for ...
last post on February 20, 2007 - by dfk
work in the computer graphics
Hi, I'm an italian student that I would work in the computer graphics area, but I don't know which school to choose. I have found the Escape studios, Vancouver Film School,Supinfocom,Savannah ...
last post on January 26, 2007 - by Andyba
Softimage Xsi: How to use Dotxsi in 3dMax
I know that 3ds max can export dotXsi files with the dotxsi plugin I used to work with both softimage|3d and Xsi, but now, i have to use 3dmax for a case... The question is how do I import a ...
last post on January 06, 2007 - by Andyba
3ds Max: Align tool in Max
Is there any way to make the align tool remember the settings that I used the time before? Now when I want to align something I have to click 6 times in the options window just to make a simple ...
last post on December 28, 2006 - by Plumbum
3ds Max: what plugins?
hi i was just wondering what plugins you guys use for your max..modelling/animation/texturing/rendering? 'Cause i want to know what other nice plugins im missing. (free ones) for modelling i ...
last post on December 27, 2006 - by Tech3D
3ds Max: GMAX Forum ... Are there any Gmax User
Help needed I have just started a GMAX Forum , and need some help. We want to crate a model and an artist database, for that reason we need gamedeveloper's ( game art design )homepages and ...
last post on December 27, 2006 - by Pusher
3ds Max: Custom UI Colour Schemes
Is there a site that you can download some Custum UI colour schemes, I've seen some pretty sweet looking screen grabs from peps....and well...I would'nt mind getting my hands on them. Any ...
last post on December 25, 2006 - by Mefisto
Maya, 3DS Max, SoftImage?
Im a complete newbie to 3D. I want to start learning animation, but before I spend a penny I would like to know from experienced people what program should I invest my $$$ into. I guess I want ...
last post on December 25, 2006 - by ToolJob
3ds Max: Tutorial
I'm recently searching for tutorials for Max and there are hundreds of them...But actually I coulnd't find a whole (maybe a project) valuable one about photorealistic designing that goes step by ...
last post on December 20, 2006 - by Vagon
Softimage Xsi: Softimage 6.0
Did someone take a look at Softimage 6.0? Is it ...
last post on December 19, 2006 - by Rod Sigler
Softimage Xsi: XSI Jobs in the UK
Hello all. I am currently finding it hard to find companies that use XSI in the North East of England. Does anyone know of any? Cheers ...
last post on December 19, 2006 - by PolyGru
Softimage Xsi: Name of the file that holds Personal keymappi
I reconfigured the keys in XSI to be like LW, but i want to save it incase the machine goes down or move to another for future endeavors . Where is the file located and what is its ...
last post on December 18, 2006 - by Andyba
Can I get some ideas from the artists here on a project?
I am not a graphic artist, but I registered to ask you artists if you can offer me some advice on something. I have an idea for a web site that would require a near-realistic looking character. A ...
last post on December 18, 2006 - by Andyba
Softimage Xsi: Softimage RTK
Is the softimage RTK a plugin, sold seperately, or bundled software on the discs? Stoopid question I know but just thought of several applications we could utilise it for here at work on our ...
last post on December 18, 2006 - by PolyGru
Softimage Xsi: XSI6.0 Interface layouts
I saw those wonderful layouts for different purposes, like texturing and compositing in XSI6.0. Does anybody know where do I find ...
last post on December 15, 2006 - by Kortelas
MilkShape 3D now has a SOFTIMAGE|XSI Importer
MilkShape 3D is a low-polygon modeler, which was initially designed for Half-Life. During the development, many file formats have been added. At the moment MilkShape 3D currently supports 37 ...
last post on December 15, 2006 - by Nikollas
Softimage Xsi: Info for student wishing to purchase XSI 6.0
Hello, Anyone knows any info about sofimage xsi 6 for students? Thank ...
last post on December 14, 2006 - by Zadrot
Scam Job Emails And How To Identify Them
Scam Job Emails And How To Identify Them Working from home is becoming very popular nowsdays. There are stories about people making thousands of dollars a month by just sitting in front of the ...
last post on December 03, 2006 - by usajobtst
modo Wins MacUser ‘3D/Animation Software of the Year’ Award
modo Wins MacUser ‘3D Animation Software of the Year’ Award Luxology’s modo won a MACUSER “Maxine” editorial award for the best “3D/Animation Software of the Year” at last week’s MacExpo conference ...
last post on November 14, 2006 - by Andyba
Exporting from 3ds max into Maya
Busy exporting a huge scene from 3dmax into maya by using the format 3ds. Is there a way to bake and freeze tranformation in ...
last post on November 01, 2006 - by Andyba
Alias gone?
Ohshit!!! www.alias.com is now auto-directed to ...
3ds max on 2003 server?
Hi Is someone use 3ds max on 2003 server? I just put on the service pack 3 and then the max stops runing anymore, its use 50% percent of processorts and 131 608 K mem usage. oh and an important info ...
How did they do the hollow man 2 fx?
How did they do the hollow man 2 ...
Write Messages and WIN
Contest: First 3 Members of 3DMD.net forums who will write 500 messages will win great prizes. 1st Member to write 500 messages will win: An accurate Baby head 3d model with 42 morph targets ...
last post on September 14, 2006 - by Andyba
noisy PSU
Hi I got a PSU that is noisy as hell. :( How do you overcome this ...
last post on September 02, 2006 - by FireWall
Dual monitors size?
Hey to tun dual monitors do you need the same size monitors ? Or does it matter ...
last post on July 16, 2006 - by UVlas
photoshop: Interesting filter
Hey take a look at this http://www.filterforge.com/download/software/Filter Forge ...
last post on June 21, 2006 - by dfk
Visor panel in maya?
High Is it possible to build a window that contains visor panel ...
last post on June 16, 2006 - by indico
Duke Nukem Foreever should come out this year
Duke Nukem Foreever should come out this or next year. After 10 years of production. The game has been jokingly referred to in gaming circles as Duke Nukem Whatever, Duke Nukem If Ever, Duke Nukem ...
last post on June 09, 2006 - by Shawn
maya: color change?
Hey... dumb question... I know you can change colors of certain things in maya, but can you change the color of the whole UI? like in max... its that ugly gray brownish ...
last post on June 08, 2006 - by indico
Aspect ratio question
I don't understand why if I start with 4:3 DV, and try making it 16:9, I end up with borders on the sides. Why can't it just crop the top/bottom without having to scale ...
last post on June 06, 2006 - by drop007
Mudbox beta testing?
How often do you have to submit bug reports for Mudbox if you were part of the beta testing ...
last post on June 06, 2006 - by Murat
Medieval themed objects and weapons
HShawnllo thShawnShawnShawn. I was wondShawnShawning if anybody had a ShawnShawnsouShawncShawn whShawnShawnShawn onShawn could puShawnchasShawn mShawndiShawnval thShawnmShawnd ...
last post on June 02, 2006 - by Shawn
JPEG replaced by Windows Media Photo
If it is up to Microsoft, the omnipresent JPEG image format will be replaced by Windows Media Photo. http://news.zdnet.com/2100-3513_22-6076650.html HAAAAAHAHAHAHAH They even got a photographer ...
last post on June 02, 2006 - by Charles Smith
Free sky type of HDRI maps?
Are there cool open space sky type of HDRI ...
last post on May 30, 2006 - by Frank Tinoco
What monitors and resolutions are you using?
What monitors and resolutions are you ...
last post on May 27, 2006 - by Andyba
Silo videos
Are you able to view either of these videos ...
last post on May 26, 2006 - by Katie Chiesa
How do I make video tutorials?
I want to make a video tutorial. How do I record it? Do I need a video ...
last post on May 26, 2006 - by Theamxyz