|Andyba Posted: August 29, 2009|
Indeed there are other online 3d models markets that offer 60% royalty without any request for exclusivity.
I am just curious what will happen other time with turbosquid after this change.
|Plutonius Posted: August 17, 2009|
|The exlusive rate offered by Turbosquid is much too low. If it was closer to 80 percent then I might have accepted it. For 3d artist that sell on multiple 3d marketplaces, a 60 percent royalty rate for going exclusive can practically cut revenue by up to 50 percent. I have already increased prices to compensate for the loss in revenue because of the drop in non-exclusive rates. Fortunately for potential consumers, other 3d marketplaces will have lower priced 3d content.|
|Andyba Posted: August 11, 2009|
|Turbosquid recently announced that starting from the 1st of September 2009 all the 3d model vendors that will join the SquidGuild which means that they will start selling their 3d assets exclusively with Turbosquid will receive 60% royalty while all the other artists will start receiving 40%.
What do you think about this matter?
My personal opinion is that while 60% is ok for the exclusivity(it can be of course higher), lowering the royalty percentage for those that want to keep the eggs in different baskets doesn't feel right. It is like forcing the average 3d artist to join the guild which smells of monopoly.