3d forums home Resources for 3d artists

A little advise?

Posted: September 29, 2012
BootBoy82
I run a laser engraver. It will make 3d laser engraved objects, however it only a 3 axis machine, So i have to trick it with the pictures. It recognizes 256 shades of gray as different out put powers, 0 being full power and 256 as being no power. So my images are 2d gray scale bitmaps where the shading creates a changing power level to create a 3d output product. Right now im doing this in corel X6, which takes forever and is a lot of guess work because there is no 3d example of what im doing. I have found some programs such as Aspire that create 3d models for cnc router paths that will allow me to save off a grayscale jpeg that can work for what i am doing, how ever the interface with the program is very outdated and hard to deal with, plus the pictures all come out in a low res and low dpi quality and end up looking really bad when engraved. Im reaching out to this community in hopes that someone can guide me to a more advanced 3d modeling program that will suit my needs. Please, any and all advice welcomed.
Posted: October 01, 2012
BootBoy82
nothing, please someone share some thing
Posted: October 20, 2012
roozmarry871
Hello dear forum member's i am rooz merry and i am new here. please give me some information about this forum.