3d forums home Resources for 3d artists

Key Art for Cog & Turbine short film [Help!]

Posted: June 27, 2012
djcox
I'm a visual development artist and have worked in film & tv for the last decade. I've got a short film up on Indiegogo that I would love to get feedback on:

http://www.indiegogo.com/cogturbine

The campaign has only just gone live, and we have a long way to go but please don't let that deter you. I'd love it if you could check out the project and let me know if you dig it (or not).

Key art below:

Cog & Turbine will be a short film about two game characters who live and work in a next generation gaming console, called the XP-10.

Our characters punch their timecards, ready for another day inside the game

Inside the game loading portal, about to be transported into the game

Turbine interrupts Cog while he's recharging (how rude)!

After a hard day in the game, Turbine enjoys an oil shot.

Another day, another dollar...C&T asleep in their barracks.

There's some great perks for contributions as well, including a "Making Of" book and some lobby cards. Its all up on the site so again -- pls check it out and any feedback appreciated.
Posted: June 27, 2012
3d artist gallery Andyba
Hi, I like the idea of your film. But the video is not very impressive for a non 3d artist imho.
If you could finish 5-10 seconds of animation of these guys interacting with each other in a fun and interesting manner, show their character, something like the animations from the 11secondclub.com, if done well will have a stronger impact on the viewers.
That's just my 2 cents.
Posted: December 18, 2012
yuxichuanmei
Shanghai Yuxi-Culture media co., ltd is a professional creation team to make digital animation and game outsourcing, founded by industry veterans from ubi soft. We are good in make realistic style artwork and have the capability and experience in providing our customers with best-quality and price-competitive services.