3d forums home Resources for 3d artists

How is this done?

Posted: December 08, 2011
Taru
This guy has taken characters from an MMO - FFXI and set them against photo backgrounds so they appear to be in real life.

The movements etc are from the game so how does he extract them from the game and put them into the backgrounds?

I sent him a PM on YouTube but he didn't answer.

He says he uses FRAPS to record but then how would you take them from FRAPS?

What software would you use? He says he uses Nero but isn't that for burning CDs?

I can't post links yet.

To see the video go to YouTube and put in FFXI Seiryu. and it's the top one with the description 'My 4 yr old killed Seiryu'.

Thanks
Posted: December 09, 2011
baalnazzar
I don't know what was Nero for but he could use Fraps or HyCam to record and, depending on background, cut objects frame by frame or use matte. There are moments where are some imperfections - some holes in characters appearing etc. which appeared during automatic cut.

I'd use Fraps or HyCam mentioned above and probabely After Effects to combine it.
Posted: December 09, 2011
Taru
baalnazzar wrote:
I don't know what was Nero for but he could use Fraps or HyCam to record and, depending on background, cut objects frame by frame or use matte. There are moments where are some imperfections - some holes in characters appearing etc. which appeared during automatic cut.

I'd use Fraps or HyCam mentioned above and probabely After Effects to combine it.

Ok thanks.
Posted: December 13, 2011
Taru
baalnazzar wrote:

Is there a tutorial on this? I have After Effects and Premiere. Presumably if I film the character on a solid colour background and copy and paste to a same coloured background then I won't have to do it frame by frame.
Posted: December 14, 2011
baalnazzar
If you'll record character on solid background you dont have to do it frame by frame. You'll simply cut it from whole movie by Color Keying. If you need some tutorials for AE then you may try to find some on videocopilot or creativecow.
Posted: December 14, 2011
Taru
baalnazzar wrote:
If you'll record character on solid background you dont have to do it frame by frame. You'll simply cut it from whole movie by Color Keying. If you need some tutorials for AE then you may try to find some on videocopilot or creativecow.

Ok thanks.