3d forums home Resources for 3d artists

Have you guys ever been exposed to 3D printing?

Posted: November 09, 2011
cwaldo39
Have you guys ever heard about doing any kind of 3d printing? Basically, 3d printing is sending your finished 3d designs to companies that will develop your designs into a physical object of almost any material. What experience do you guys have with 3d printing?
cwaldo39
A company actually came to my highschool promoting custom manufactured goods. These guys created Christmas ornaments for us, and our drafting club made a couple models with this company.

Have you guys ever thought about sending designs to 3D printing companies?
baalnazzar
Actually I work for one company which gives me drawed projects I have to model in 3D. When I finish my work then it's turned into physical object.
Posted: November 10, 2011
Underdog89
Yeah, I used to print 3D models full time. Horrible job
Posted: November 16, 2011
cwaldo39
I've actually done a little bit of 3D work for a 3D printing company known as kraftwurx. I've been doing something similar to what baalnazzer said
Posted: November 17, 2011
baalnazzar
It needs much precision and there some restrictions. Yeah. Sometimes this job is a walk in the park and sometimes it's pain in ass. It depends Smile
Posted: November 29, 2011
cwaldo39
It's pretty neat what these 3D printing companies can do. I think it is amazing that artists can truly turn their work into real figurines
Posted: November 30, 2011
baalnazzar
Oh yes, you're right. Company sent me some figures I've made and I have to say it's really nice to have it. It's nice to hold in hand something you've done digitally before Smile
Posted: January 14, 2012
MPMW
I am actually looking for someone to help me with just this in drawing a vehicle in which I need in a correct size and then have it 3D printed for a project I am working on if anyone knows of a drawing service .