3d forums home Resources for 3d artists

I don't understand yor website

Posted: May 02, 2011
3d artist gallery lyndon
"xe:i don't understand yor website" is a two minute animation based in a post-apocalyptic world, featuring a set of unpredictably strange characters, a post box and a telephone call.
As with all of my animations the narrative is open to interpretation.
3D done mainly in Maya 6.5, composited in AfterFX 7 and Blender 2.4x
Texturing Photoshop CS and the GIMP
Music made with BC Rich, Yamaha RY8 and various midi devices, composited in SF Acid
Total time for completion 9 months.
http://www.lyndondaniels.com/2010/ani.html
Here's some stills from the animation...

e_Hurt.jpg e_greyPhone.jpg
Posted: May 03, 2011
baalnazzar
This is freaky animation with interesting style Smile
Posted: May 03, 2011
3d artist gallery Andyba
Wow that's pretty cool! A lot of work. What compositing part did you do in Blender?
Just curious what AF lacks.
Posted: February 06, 2012
dustysantos
Wow, I'm really not sure what to say about that. It's some of the freakiest animation I've ever seen.
Posted: April 07, 2012
lyndon d
Wow completely forgot I posted here! a response at some point (albeit almost a year late) is better than no response at all.
@Andyba : Thanks Smile The main reason I used Blender was because I was interested to see what it could do in comparison to AE and Premiere. I was happy with the results back then and still use Blender today. I personally don't think that AE lacks anything in terms of a compositor when compared to Blender, I just find it easier working with a compositor within the same 3D app and dealing with a ubiquitous node-based setup. The main feature I used in Blender with regards to the above animation, is one of Blender's less popular features which is it's NLE video editor which has thankfully improved quite a bit since this project.
@baalnazzar & dustysantos Thanks for the comments. I enjoy freaky animation of any type such as Svankmajer's stopmotion movies so when my animation is described as "freaky" I feel quite honoured Smile
Posted: April 14, 2012
JoshoPosho
Very interesting style and the animation was pretty damn scary! I liked it!
Posted: April 15, 2012
3d artist gallery lyndon
JoshoPosho wrote:
Very interesting style and the animation was pretty damn scary! I liked it!

Thanks JoshoPosho! Smile