3d forums home Resources for 3d artists

Detailed 3D modeling + audio

Posted: August 19, 2010
dan halhead
Hi, This maybe a daft question as I am aware of reasonably complex reverb programs that can replicate unseen 'rooms' with various wall dimensions and wall quantities, but I'm looking for someone who can tell me if a detailed 3D modelling package exists that could accurately (or other) replicate audio reflection within the chosen parameters of the structure built, an architectural structure, where the texture used to clad various parts has a direct link to their effect on a sound source located in the model? Hope someone can help me.!!
Posted: August 31, 2010
bryan
Interesting and a very detailed question. I myself want to know the answer to these questions, I am also that desperate to know. Smile

Anyone who have knowledge with this who wants to share his idea? We will be grateful to hear from you. Smile
Never heard of something like that and never thought if something like that exists. You've made me curious Wink
Posted: September 06, 2010
Drewid
There's Odeon, which is pretty high end and isn't cheap at $5K for a seat. There is a free trial though.

Or CARA from Rhintek which I believe includes some simple 3d modelling and is much cheaper. You can do all sorts of speaker types and setups with it as well.

I can't post links but googling cara acoustic modelling or odeon acoustic modelling should get you there.

I've just found another one called Ramsete, I've not looked at any details yet though.