3d forums home Resources for 3d artists

TurboSquid stealing money

Posted: April 15, 2010
fael097
Hi, i just opened this thread to share my frustration with turbosquid.
I was checking my TS reports, like i do everyday, and noticed a ticket that TS support opened to contact me, saying that i had a copyright infraction on a product. very well, i answered asking what product, so i could do something about it, like defend myself and prove that the product was mine, but the only answer i got was this
Turbosquid wrote:
We have the right to decide who is eligible to conduct business on our site and who is not. We have made the decision that your account with not be re-opened.
There are other venues in the 3-D Marketplace where you can post.
We ask that you not continue to open tickets on this matter.

and they never told me what have i done.
funny thing, that happened like 5 days before i was about to receive almost a hundred dollars, when my sales were increasing more than 100%, and i was about to become a silver member. got banned for no reason at all, and obviously i didn't get my money.
doesn't it looks suspicious? and TS is Autodesk's official source huh... lame...
despite of that, 55% cut for new members is a rip off. that's stealing, and i would sure sue them if i was in the US.
gonna post a screenshot of the whole conversation later.
Posted: April 16, 2010
3d artist gallery Andyba
Interesting. For how long where you selling 3d models on turbosquid?
How many assets do you have with them?
Posted: July 28, 2010
sancheuz
Yes, Turbosquid is a kinda of a rip-off.
Posted: August 12, 2010
vinni117
Do not trust to this serves. Its easear to create your own site and sell your 3d content there
Posted: August 31, 2010
bryan
Yes! That is the most safest way to sell your artworks in your personal website and then advertise your website in forums like our community. In that way, you will avoid scams and other frustrations. Sounds a very good idea eh?
yes i agree. most of this kind of site will rip you off more than 50 percent of your profit. i have a friend who sells his own content and are far more richer than what he used to get when with that kind of site