3d forums home Resources for 3d artists

3ds Max: GRRRRRR Corruptions GGRRRRRRR

Posted: January 15, 2007
Viggo Hoskins
Had to happen didn't it.. a week after saying to a friend that I'd never had it happen to me Max went a corrupted a whole folder of scene files (only 3.. but with the scene having 280 objects enough to be problematic!!!)

This has kind thrown up 2 problems which if anyone can shed any light on I'd be grateful.

1) Not all objects in the scene seem to have been corrupted but is there an easier way to finding which have, other than importing them individually into a fresh scene and hitting render. The corruption basically crashes Max as soon as a render is finishing.

2) When I have tried to export the majority of the scene as one object (which in the main it is.... with a parenting structire that makes everything eventually link back to the main object) in an effort to try an eradicate things....most of the objects loose their bearings and end up all over the place.... this is even happening if I use the merge function to take elements into an uncorrupted version of the scene. Are there some rules of set up that I'm missing that can help me keep all the co-ordinates in manner that works???????

Thanks in advance for any help. Smile