3d forums home Resources for 3d artists

3D Modeling Forum

Everything about 3D modeling. Polygons, Nurbs, Splines, Subdivision Surfaces etc.
xsi5: cluster groups
Hi. So I'm creating several clusters then group them. Then I set the properties of the group so that it hides the members, and the clusters are still visible What is the ...
last post on June 21, 2006 - by AmberPrince
xsi5: editing instances in xsi
In 3ds max when I make an instance copy of an object, if I modify it I also modify the original object. How can I do the same thing in xsi? I've tried to duplicate as instances and I can't edit the ...
last post on June 21, 2006 - by Max3D
xsi5: how do I cut an edge loop?
Hey everyone! How do I cut through paralel edge loops ( edge rings ) so that I obtain an edge ...
last post on June 21, 2006 - by Theamxyz
xsi5: how to make uniform bevels in xsi
How do I make uniform bevels in xsi? When I bevel my object it's always unsymmetrical to the edge I'm beveling. ...
last post on June 21, 2006 - by Ted Town
maya: moving points without selecting them?
Hi How do I move points without selecting ...
last post on June 16, 2006 - by kinoman
modo: keyboard shortcuts in modo
I was trying to add more than one command to a keyboard shortcut in modo. Got a 'too many arguements' error What am I doing ...
last post on June 16, 2006 - by dwp
zbrush mirror problem
I'm using the standard tool with X and M (deform in the x and mirror ) but the farther the points get from each other the less mirror i'm getting on the mesh - any ...
last post on June 09, 2006 - by srge
blender: how to duplicate an object?
I would like some direction about how to duplicate an ...
last post on June 09, 2006 - by Yarlagad
blender: rotation error?
Wtf does this mean? - trying to apply size and rotation but get "Error: Can't apply to a multi user ...
last post on June 09, 2006 - by dwp
Zbrush: How do i add new geometry to zBrush?
Hey ! - how do i add a new geometry in zbrush? Like i want to add eyes and if i use the zspheres my actual model becomes ...
last post on June 09, 2006 - by dwp
maya: bevel destroys UVs problem
Um.. when I use Bevel on a polygon object.. the mapping/uvs/material stuff is destroyed somehow.. I can't even manually uv map the object after using bevel on ...
last post on June 08, 2006 - by UVlas
MAYA: help, lost all my panels
Am a newbie .. and have lost all my panels ! .. ...
last post on June 08, 2006 - by Charles Smith
blender: how to bevel?
Ok.. I am somewhat skilled in Lightwave previously... But since it got tedious expensive i thought.. what the hell.. lets get Blender. :D And now i am wondering how i can get "bevel" kind ...
last post on June 08, 2006 - by srge
3dsmax: extrusion on a plane
Yo Got a polymodelling question I'm trying to do something very simple... a creased extrusion on a plane Anyone have a decent way off doing this? When I chamfer the edges I get tris What should I ...
last post on June 08, 2006 - by cord474
Zbrush: symetrical painting?
Hey Anyone here know how to get your object so that in zbrush symetrical works ...
last post on June 08, 2006 - by Alicci
modo: How to harden edges in modo?
Anyone in here knows how to harden edges in modo ? I dont mean edgeWeighting For the subd version I mean only for the normal polygoncage I dont want to use it as subd in maya Like the tools under ...
last post on June 08, 2006 - by indico
Maya: Creating a keyboard
What is the easiest whay to make a ...
last post on June 08, 2006 - by Vertex Master
3ds max: unlinking cloned objects
When i clone an object, and im trying to change the radius (size etc..) .. they both get changed, how do i unlink them with ...
last post on June 08, 2006 - by Carl Cates
3ds max: importing a model from a max file
If i want to import a model in a .max file. do i have to export that .max file into a .3ds and then import it? or is there a better way to do ...
last post on June 06, 2006 - by Max3D
Maya : vertex color
How do I color a ...
last post on June 05, 2006 - by srge
Maya: tutorials
Any one have some Toutrial for modeling ...
last post on June 04, 2006 - by srge
maya: setting vertex color
...how do I set the color for a vertex and how do I get the number of ...
last post on June 04, 2006 - by Vagon
3ds max: what is low poly nowdays?
You guys say 500 poly is low ...
last post on June 04, 2006 - by cord474
Maya: number of cvs in a curve
Hey guys.. how do i query how many cv's a curve has ...
last post on June 04, 2006 - by Alicci
3ds Max: please help - noob question
hey.. on 3ds max 8, i see objects as either a block of colour (when ive got the viewport set as smooth and highlights) or a wire frame (if i choose wireframe) but in the tutorial i'm using it shows ...
last post on June 03, 2006 - by Max3D
Maya: convert selection to shell
Anyone know if its possible to setup a script to convert selections to shell? only way to select a shell is to convert to uvs > to shell > convert back to whatever selection mode you ...
last post on June 03, 2006 - by PolyGru
MAYA: modeling with a wacom in maya?
Does anyone ever model with a wacom? Maya has the sculpt tool that can work with pressure sensitivity So I wondered Tried it myself, didn't really work for me but it's one of the cheapest ...
last post on June 03, 2006 - by Natashka1954
3ds max: Strange extrude
Wouldn't happen to know why using the extrude tool twice in a row results in the 2nd extrusion heading off at a skewed angle, would ...
last post on June 02, 2006 - by Max3D
Maya: How do I get the polygon count?
I'm used to another application How do I get the polygon count in MAYA? Thank ...
last post on June 02, 2006 - by kinoman
3ds Max: Open edges in max
How would i check for open edges in ...
last post on June 01, 2006 - by Shawn
3ds Max: Help needed - heart modeling
I am trying to make a heart. I made its outline and then extruded it http://www.bolotnov.info/tmp/h1.jpg and how trying to make it smooth and shapy http://www.bolotnov.info/tmp/h2.jpg with ...
last post on May 31, 2006 - by Axan
3ds Max: Translating vertices to the same coordinate
When I select 20 vertexes can I set same Y coordinate to all of them? When I do this in the bottom of the screen in max, it does not help this... it will just move all of ...
last post on May 30, 2006 - by sperll
zbrush - xsi: Creating high definition 3d models
What is the best approach in creating high definition 3d models in zbrush and xsi? I've seen Taron doing some amazing stuff with low poly cages and displacement maps in Messiah. Will it work in ...
last post on May 27, 2006 - by Andyba
3DS MAX: wireframe colour?
I have the show wireframe on And the wireframe is the colour of the block, that is used to be. Any way to change that ...
last post on May 27, 2006 - by Andyba
3dsmax : railway track
Hi there.. Wanting to make a railway track with a loft.. I have the tracks, but how would one make the wooden cross ...
last post on May 26, 2006 - by Theamxyz
3dsmax : Polyboost
Hey! Anyone here uses ...
last post on May 26, 2006 - by CC
3DS MAX: exporting terragen to max?
Anyone heard of or used terragen before? Can you export the meshes into ...
last post on May 26, 2006 - by Gloski
3ds Max : Importing .ai to 3ds max
Any way to import a .ai file into max as a spline? i created a vector object in illustrator, saved it, but when i import it into max i get improper format error tried saving as earlier version of AI ...
last post on May 25, 2006 - by sperll
3dsmax : Low poly modeling
What do you guys use for low poly modeling in max? I heard that editable mesh is the way to ...
last post on May 25, 2006 - by kinoman
3DS MAX: Modeling question
How to make one end of a box like a ...
last post on May 25, 2006 - by kinoman
3DS MAX: fitting an object between 2 objects
Is there anyway to fit an object between 2 objects presicely other than taking the scale tool and fit it in by dragging ...
last post on May 24, 2006 - by kinoman
xsi 5: Sculpting tool similar to artisan in Maya?
Is there a sculpting tool similar to Maya artisan in ...
last post on May 08, 2006 - by Fiery
Wings3D: How to boolean models?
How to make boolean operations in wings ...
last post on April 20, 2006 - by Fiery
Rigging muscles
hello! i was looking through the tutorial on rigging muscles. found a great one with an arm lifting a barbell, extracting and retracting, however the site seems to be down for good. Is there ...
last post on March 10, 2006 - by ruff_edge_00