3d forums home Resources for 3d artists

Switching Animation

Posted: April 05, 2012
Andrey2013
Hello,

Im new in the 3d animation world. I have the following problem:

I have a dog that can move (animation 1) and jump (animation 2). During his walk, i want to make him jump. How can i make a smooth move from the current frame in animation 1 to the first frame in animation 2?

I assume that this is a know problem - what is the proffesional term for it?

Thank you,
Andrey
Posted: April 06, 2012
baalnazzar
I don't know how is it made and what soft you use. You can paste frames of ani2 to place where you want it and then use curve editor to make it smooth.
Posted: April 09, 2012
Andrey2013
Hello,

Thanks for your reply.
Im not a graphic designer - im a software designer, so i use Java Smile

I'll try to explain my problem again:
I have two animations (both starting from the same position - the man is standing), a man standing and waving his hand and a man standing and sneezing.
While the 1st animation is running, rain falls on the man and i want him to sneeze. But, he is not in his initial position. How can i switch from the 1st animation to the second?
One option i can think of is to finish the 1st animation, and from the initial position start the second animation.

Do you have any other suggestions?
Posted: April 10, 2012
baalnazzar
That's the best solution I think. If animations arent long then it's most optimal too. You may try to force your animation to go backward or forward depending on what will take less time when rain starts. Probable you'll have to set some listeners to check if animation is in its first or second half. I'm not familiar with Java but my bro is good with AS2 and 3 and he is doing such reactions somehow when we work on flash applications Wink