3d forums home Resources for 3d artists

How is this done ? How much does it cost ?

Posted: June 28, 2011
CG forums guest
Hi everyone, first of all forgive my noob question.
I run an advertisement company in Italy and a customer is asking us to "replicate" an effect seen in another video.

You can see the original video by searching "10 modi per (non) suicidarsi : al sole" on youtube (antispam filters works)

We are not specialized in visual effects so I whould like to ask to you if this effect could be done with blender, HOW and how much does it costs.

We have a partnership with a local school that teaches Blender, and we can't afford (for now) a commercial 3d tool.
Would it be possible with open source tools to create such ad ?

Thanks and forgive my terrible english.
Posted: June 28, 2011
baalnazzar
I'm not a Blender user but I know that after last changes Blender is very powerful tool. I think it should be possible create such thing.
Posted: August 25, 2011
j3dj3d
Hi,

The one CGI shot is right at the end. It uses as a backdrop of a still image of the man sitting against the wall. This

could have been taken as a still with a DSLR camera. For the small movement of the ball and chain just google "blender

chain link" and set up a linkage then move the ball slightly and the chain should follow. Google "blender ice material" for

a nice transparent material will nicely refract the still photographic background and could be touched up in Photoshop to

add water on the floor etc.

Regards
Posted: August 30, 2011
Tremori
i can get you expensive production tools for teh cheap.