3d forums home Resources for 3d artists

Anyone heard of Illusion Mage? Any Good?

Posted: September 12, 2010
laetnia3D
I just heard about this software had anyone tried it out? Looks pretty decent, but I am a but of a noob so would appreciate some insight or advice before purchasing.

squidoo[dot]com/illusion-mage
Posted: November 07, 2010
lennyrawles
Hi there. I also ran into mention of this "product" in Google's results.
Here are the reasons I think this is not only a "not worth it" product, but in fact a scam...

1. Various links are ranked by Google that contain the words "Announcing: The Revolutionary 3D Animation Software That Has Helped 6,100 People In 67 Countries Create Cutting-Edge Animations", but the links are all from post sites that exist for the sole reason of ranking links in G o o g le. Also, if so many people did so much with this software, then why is it that I could not find anything on it in YouTube other than some slideshows that appear to mimic the page on the website?

2. The website itself looks like a scam. Phrases like "not only do you get..." etc.

3. No downloadable trial? On a new product? Come on...

4. And I saved the best for last - the "screenshots" from this "program" are actually screenshots from Blender! One of them even has the blender org u r l on it... and is credited to Matt Ebb from Elephants Dream fame.

If I'm wrong then I am wrong, but hold the horses until something appears in YouTube that looks like a tutorial that features this software that shows it actually being used (see iClone, Blender, Maya etc tutorials on Youtube...why arent there any IllusionMage tutorials?)
Posted: December 02, 2010
Yes, it's a scam, the guy behind this has done it before and simply pack Blender 3D and other freely available resources into his 'product. Not only that but he's spammed the Internet with fake reviews, articles and comments about this amazing software no-one has heard of (his product that is and not Blender 3D). S.C.A.M.
Posted: February 15, 2011
JeroenM
Guest wrote:
Yes, it's a scam, the guy behind this has done it before and simply pack Blender 3D and other freely available resources into his 'product. Not only that but he's spammed the Internet with fake reviews, articles and comments about this amazing software no-one has heard of (his product that is and not Blender 3D). S.C.A.M.

I don't think he himself spammed the net with all these fake reviews. He actually has an affiliate program, meaning that when a user buys this scammed program bY clicking the link accompanying the "review" the reviewer gets payed. This way he gets a lot of people looking for some quick money to do the spamming for him
Posted: June 23, 2011
Nightboy97
It's definetely a scam. I've "bought"(or illegally downloaded) it, and also have a(n) |original| copy of Blender, and except of the name, title bar name, they're definitely the same. And if u go to "Help"-->"Getting started" you see the title "IllusionMage Blender........". Confused Confused Question Question Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation