3d forums home Resources for 3d artists

Human Anatomy references for 3d artists

Posted: April 11, 2009
3d artist gallery Andyba
Please feel free to add here any commercial or free resource on Human Anatomy for artists.

Here are some nice pics from the net:

arnold-schwarzenegger-bodybuilding-photo-front.jpg Frank_Zane.jpg
Posted: May 12, 2009
insanityprincess
Try the art section of almost any library, there are so many good books all about human anatomy.
Posted: June 03, 2009
3d artist gallery Andyba
insanityprincess wrote:
Try the art section of almost any library, there are so many good books all about human anatomy.

Most 3d artists are too lazy to leave their computers for a library Smile
Electronic format resources that can be download are most preferred.

Like these:

Posted: September 04, 2009
3d artist gallery Andyba
Quote:

Medislav
I used my girl friends for 3d photo reference. Thongs and topless

Very Happy

I did the same thing once. But it was quite some time ago. Smile

And here are some more back muscles references for artists.

huge_back_muscles_colage.png
Posted: August 28, 2010
johnmichael
Nice post..I like this.i used it and it give me a great help in my work.
thanks a lott
Posted: June 29, 2011
Leroy
Andyba wrote:
Please feel free to add here any commercial or free resource on Human Anatomy for artists.

You can also use the default models included with most modeling software. My modeler came with a nice library of premade human figures from which you can study and modify in the workspace of the modeler. The one's I have are everything from low polygon figures to hign poly models that would knock your socks off when you look at the poly count. Check out Turbosquid too they have a ton of free human figure models as well.
Posted: May 28, 2012
Darkwisper
blueyi wrote:
I think the 3dmax is better to study than blender .blender is so complex .but it can be used in linux.

i found blender alot faster to do polygon modeling in to , all the tools at your fingertips and really accessible , but i prefer max above blender 2 because of all the baking perks
Posted: October 05, 2012
Oz
This is really helping, I'll need it for not for modeling and sculpting but for concept art, thanks, besides that really good book is Fritz Schider An atlas of anatomy for artists
Posted: December 27, 2012
ArcaneLight
Lol, but what if we want to model a fat guy?
Posted: February 08, 2013
3d artist gallery Andyba
ArcaneLight wrote:
Lol, but what if we want to model a fat guy?

When you understand the underlying skeleton and muscle structure it's easier to add fat. But you are correct for the sake of it we should add some fat guy references for artists Smile
Posted: February 20, 2013
3d artist gallery lyndon
Hi all,
If you're interested in generating 3D Human models you might find the application makehuman interesting. It's a free GPL standalone application (kinda like Poser) that can be used to model all different types of humans models (fat, tall, short, many different ethnicities etc) and the topology of the models is fantastic. meaning that the models can be rigged for animation without having to worry about badly placed edgeloops. i use it all the time and just thought i'd share that with you all Smile www.makehuman.org
Posted: March 13, 2013
BhushanArekar
Thanks for references.It will be more helpful.Smile
Posted: November 24, 2013
Lessy
Thank you for nice references.
For all the guys here are some female references for 3d modeling of course. Smile

female-reference-2.jpg female-reference-1.jpg
Posted: November 24, 2013
Lessy
and some more

female-reference-6.jpg female-reference-5.jpg female-reference-4.jpg