3d forums home Resources for 3d artists

New to forum, Dark Basic programmer, q about texture use

Posted: February 16, 2009
mshihrer
Hello all,
My name is Mike, and I just found this forum looking for some textures for a 3D game engine I am working on, written in the Dark Basic Pro language. I know pretty much all of you are artists, and, unfortunately, I am not. I do appreciate the excellant textures I have found on this site. I read the terms of the use of the textures, and I'm still a little hazy about it. To give you an idea what I am doing, I am building a motorcycle simulation, based on real terrain data obtained from the USGS. I've just written some code to populate said terrain with an outrageous amount of static trees. I was hoping to use the textures I found here, modify them in Photoshop for my needs, and use them as leaf textures on my tree models. Of course, I will give a credit to this site, and or any author of the images I use, for their use. I may or may not sell this engine, I haven't decided yet. If I do sell it, I will have to distribute it to the buyer, with the modified images. Is this allowed?

edit:
I don't know if this is allowed, but I can post a link to a demo I have, so you can see more of what I am talking about.
3d artist gallery Andyba
Hello mshihrer,
Welcome to our 3d artist forums! Smile
It is ok to use 3dmd textures in a game and then distribute the game, especially if you include 3dmd in the credits.
mshihrer
ok, thank you! The leaf textures are outstanding, exactly what I was needing. I will surely add a credit to the game.
Posted: February 26, 2009
3d artist gallery Huva
Andyba what about the golden collection textures?
Do you offer them under the same license?
Posted: March 10, 2011
3d artist gallery Andyba
Yes the Golden Collection Textures are offered under the same license.